The Association of Counselors, Counselor Educators, Supervisors, and Students (ACCESS) is a Division of the Christian Association for Psychological Studies (CAPS) whose mission is to support and advance the professional identity and practice of professional counselors, counselor educators, counselor supervisors, and counseling students seeking to promote the understanding of the interface between Christian faith and excellence in clinical practice.
It is the vision of the Association of Counselors, Counselor Educators, Supervisors, and Students to:
- Create an environment for collegial support and dialogue to occur and be facilitated among counseling professionals and students who sincerely seek to integrate principles of the historic Christian faith with principles and models of contemporary counseling practice, education, and supervision;
- Provide high quality continuing education experiences to licensed counseling professionals that meet the standards of and are recognized by certification bodies (e.g., NBCC) and state licensure boards;
- Create opportunities for fellowship among professional counselors and students;
- Inspire the professional, emotional, relational, and spiritual well-being of its members;
- Promote excellence in clinical practice and scholarship.